Wednesday, June 25, 2008

he's out there. he's just learning what to contrast you against.

oh, how i long for the romantic stylings of john mayer to be my reality.



i know he's out there. and i'm convinced i havent met him yet. no, not john mayer. my soulmate. however i wouldnt be complaining if those two happened to be the same person. I've met nice guys. i've met bad boys. i've met ass holes. i've met them all. but how will i know which one is him? what if i met him in a sandbox? what if i passed him on a sidewalk? john brings up all these relevent questions to my life.



i'm glad we have each other as we search, sometimes to our own detrement, for our soulmates.



on top of all this, john mayer makes me laugh. "'the disease that never goes unnoticed,' that's the new catch phrase for turrets. You ever notice that we don't have turrets awareness month? Oh, we know."



it's hard to find someone when i have to compare them to that. i had a dream that i was in love. i didnt say it. neither did he. i dont even know who he was. but he leaned in to kiss me. and he faked a middle school make out. and i laughed. harder than i have in a long time. and thats when i knew. do you think it was him? do you think i saw him in my dream before i've even met him? maybe so. i guess we'll find out. but when i woke up, i felt it again; love.



so i am just going to take some time to equate myself on your embarassment scale:

i'm at work. i listen to music online with my headphones. very quality headphones, might i add. so a new song comes on, a duet between our beloved john and glen phillips (yeah, i dont know who he is either). it's live. which i fail to comprehend for a good thirty seconds. i hear talking and automatically attribute the voices to others in a nearby cubicle. here comes the big one: someone gives a hoot and i quickly whip around to see who in world just whistled at me. LUCKILY no one saw because NO ONE WAS THERE. the voices were coming from the track. even as i type this, i am having trouble differentiating between real noises and those in my head. send that line to my therapist.

1 comment:

Amber Whiteley said...

this made me laugh out loud, not lqtm.
I'm glad you felt love again. I have those dreams sometimes. They hirt because for the next few days, weeks, even when you can remember that dream and the way love feels, you go chasing after that feeling.
I think this should definitely go in our best-seller.